Feeling stuck, scattered or overwhelmed?
- Can you only see one option and it’s not the one you want to take?
- Are you overwhelmed with options and unable to choose one?
- Do you know what to do but not how to do it?
- Do you make a start and then not maintain it?
- Are you doing it all on your own and feeling totally worn out?
- Are you waiting for something to change and it just isn’t?
- Perhaps you are working flat out but deep down know you are on the wrong track?
We all experience being stuck at times. Whether it’s over big or small issues, it usually results from only seeing one possible course of action and not wanting to take it. Getting unstuck depends on you freeing up your thinking and creating more possibilities.
Here are some effective ways to re-focus and get moving in the right direction
- Write down your challenge as succinctly and accurately as possible
- Change your physical position
- Go for a drive
- Brainstorm all the possible options. Go for quantity and don’t filter out the whackier ideas
- Get a coach who can ask powerful and challenging questions that provoke
you to think differently
- Take a break, make yourself a cup of coffee
- Go for a walk around the block
- Get out into nature
- Lie on your back and look up at the sky
- Give yourself permission to stop thinking about it right now. Make an appointment
with yourself to re-visit it when you are feeling more resourceful
- Sleep on it and let your unconscious mind work on it overnight
- Talk it over with a trusted advisor
- Ask yourself “If I knew the solution, what would it be?”
- Have a soak in the bath
- Ask yourself if this is something you want to address or just think you should, must or ought to
- Change the language you are using to generate more excitement and commitment
- Build in accountability for taking actions by reporting back to someone
- Check your assumptions, especially when you are telling yourself you can’t do something. What if you did?
What would you add to the list?
Which of these steps work best for you?
|Julie Kay helps you improve individual and team performance by building the strong trusting relationships you rely on for your success. If you are genuinely interested in boosting performance, productivity and profits the answer is just a click away. For more information, just click here|