4 Essential Steps to a Clear Compelling Message
During difficult times it’s even more important that everyone in the company knows exactly where the company is headed and the reasons behind strategic decisions, in order to feel energised and motivated to contribute their best and make sure the business goals are achieved. Communication is the only vehicle that allows all employees to understand this vision and direction, which may be why my newsletter subscribers consistently place effective communication at the top of their list of priorities.
As a manager your role is to act as a conduit for information; ensuring that your team has a clear understanding of the company’s way forward and all the information that they need to be effective in their job.
When you think about any communication you need to be structured and consider:
- What are the key messages that need to be delivered?
- What are the best ways to deliver the messages to the individual or team?
- How will this be achieved?
- How will you measure the effectiveness of the communication?
Think of someone you know who is outstanding at delivering clear and compelling messages.
- What makes their communications so effective?
- How do they choose the medium through which to communicate?
- What is it about their personal style that works for you?
I look forward to hearing your comments.